Vertere Acoustics has introduced two new Super Groove PTA series tonearms. Both models, SG-PTA and SG-PTA HB, are made exclusively from high quality materials, including carbon fiber, steel, brass, aluminum and silicon nitride ceramics.
The Tri-Pivot mechanism of the tonearms is based on three balls, an acetal retaining ring and a steel tip. The balls are made from the silicon nitride mentioned above. The manufacturer said the Tri-Pivot system helped get rid of vibrations. The tonearm tube is made of carbon fiber. The company used a special roll-to-roll method that made the tube more durable. The shell material depends on the version: the SG-PTA used aluminum, the SG-PTA HB titanium. It is attached to the tube with a special metal insert.
The stainless steel spindle is connected to the aluminum mechanism that supports the tube, the main counterweight and the anti-skating mechanism. Depending on the version, the arm is equipped with Vertere or Vertere HB wiring.
The downforce is regulated by a steel ring on the tube. According to the company, the correctly calculated position of this ring and the main counterweight made of chrome-plated brass will allow the resonant frequency of the tonearm and cartridge to be tuned as accurately as possible for optimal music reproduction.
The total weight of the tonearm is 428g, the effective length is 240mm. The cost depends on the version. For the SG-PTA on the European market, they asked for about 2 650 euros, the model SG-PTA HB will cost 4 650 euros.
- New precision Tri-pivot bearing with ultra-low stiction
- New Headshell – Aluminium for SG-PTA and Titanium for SG-PTA HB
- Heavier decoupled counterweight with adjustable outriders for easy azimuth adjustment
- Heavier sliding effective mass /arm cartridge resonance/tracking weight fine-tuning adjuster
- Custom Vertere or Vertere HB internal wiring
- Machined from solid PTFE Arm DIN connector with precision machined Vertere connectors
- All connections are custom manufactured and triple gold-plated.