Devialet Dione soundbar: virtual 5.1.2, and spherical center channel
Devialet has managed to fit “seventeen standalone high-end drivers” into the Dione’s regular sized soundbar. These are 9 full-range speakers and 8 long-throw subwoofers. All of them received aluminum cones and neodymium magnets.
4x ARM Cortex-A53 processor
At the heart of the system is a 4x ARM Cortex-A53 processor running at 1.25GHz with 1GB of DDR3-800 memory and a Devialet DAC capable of handling 24bit/96kHz audio. All this works under control of OS Devialet 2 (DOS 2). The total power of the Devialet Dione amplifiers is almost a kilowatt, and the novelty does not need a separate subwoofer. Power is supplied by a custom-made power factor correction (PFC) power supply.
The system received an HDMI 2.1 interface with eARC support, supplemented by optical TOSLINK. Dione supports AirPlay 2, Spotfiy Connect and UPnP. You can stream music to the soundbar via Bluetooth 5.0, and the onboard dual-band Wi-Fi is supplemented by a gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 interface.
In addition to supporting Dolby Atmos, Dione is equipped with proprietary SPACE technology, which, according to Devialet, “opens up a new dimension of sound“. Any mono or stereo can be converted to 5.1.2 sound – if you start the “Video” sound mode. In addition, the spatial mode gives a similar effect, and there are also voice and music modes, the purpose of which is clear from the names.
The patented ORB sphere at the center of the soundbar is a swiveling center channel. With it, Devialet Dione adapts to its location. The soundbar is adjusted to the acoustics of the room in the Devialet application using four calibration microphones. Plus, with Airplay2, the soundbar is ready to be part of Phantom’s signature multi-room setup. The novelty is available in a single finish – matte black.
Availability and price
In Europe, the Devialet Dione soundbar is already available for order and costs 2,190 euros.
Devialet Dione Specifications
- Loudspeakers: 17x Devialet custom neodymium drivers: 9x Full-range aluminium drivers 8x Aluminium long-throw subwoofers
- Power Supply: Devialet custom-built power supply IEC320/C8 100-240 V~50/60Hz High output with power factor correction (PFC) Short circuit resistant Power consumption : 0.5W (in standby)
- Digital to Analog Converter: Devialet DAC embedded in Devialet intelligence Processor 24bits/96kHz
- Processor: Devialet Operating System 2 (DOS 2) 4x ARM Cortex-A53 1.25GHz processor 1GB DDR3-800 memory
- Maximum Sound Level: 101 dB SPL at 1 meter
- Total amplification power: 950 Watts RMS
- Frequency response (bandwidth): 24Hz – 21kHz
Width: 1200 mm
Height: 77 mm (88 mm with the sphere)
Depth: 165 mm
- Weight: 12kg