Since the beginning of the year, Lenco has already introduced the second series of budget turntables: after the 400th, the 50 series came out. Each of the five new turntables has two built-in speakers (there were 4 in the models of the 400th series). In addition, unlike some models of the 400th series, the 50th turntables do not have a Bluetooth module. But the USB interface, which allows you to digitize music from records, is left.
All five of the new models have received classic mechanics with a 300mm belt drive with a choice of rotation speeds – 33 1/3, 45 or 78 rpm. Autostop with a microlift and adjustable tonearm counterweight are provided. The players received pre-installed cartridges with the ability to output a signal to an amplifier. The devices are assembled in a wooden case with pure wood, gray, pink or turquoise finishes.
Particularly among the new products stands out the model LS-50LED in a black case. It is equipped with LED lighting around the disk. You can choose one of seven backlight colors or run it in color music mode. However, this feature, which, according to the manufacturer, “saves you from having to turn on the light”, can be turned off.
The Lenco LS-50LED turntable costs about $196 in the USA, and the LS-50 version without backlight in any of the 4 colors costs $170.
Lenco LS-50LED Specifications
- MATERIAL Plastic, Wood
- OFF-MODE POWER IN WATTS 1 0.100 Watt
- NUMBER OF AUDIO CHANNELS Stereo 2.0
- MAXIMUM OUTPUT POWER (W) 4 Watt
- AUDIO / VIDEO / DATA CONNECTIONS OUTPUT – RCA OUT
- AUDIO / VIDEO / DATA SOURCES – LP
- MP3 ENCODING – Yes, via PC
- MECHANIC ARMLIFT – Yes
- NEEDLE PRESSURE ADJUSTABLE – Yes
- TURNTABLE DRIVE TYPE – Belt drive
- TURNTABLE RPM SPEED – 33, 45, 78
- PRE AMPLIFIER – Yes
- TURNTABLE WITH SPEAKER(S) – Yes, built-in
- PICK-UP SYSTEM TYPE – Ceramic
- WEIGHT (KG) – 3.41 kilogram