The Audio-Technica ATH-GDL3 gaming headset has received quite professional qualities: the earpads and soft headband lining are easy to detach for replacement and cleaning, the gooseneck microphone is also removable. By the way, the microphone itself, according to Audio-Technica, is professional grade.
The comfort of use is also built into the design: it weighs less than 220 grams and does not weigh down during a prolonged gaming session. The sound quality will be ensured by 45mm speakers in open-type cups – from the outside they are protected only by perforated metal grills.
As a result, the novelty works out the frequency range from 10 to 35,000 Hz with a sensitivity of 98dB/mW. Controlling the ATH-GDL3 is simple: the volume control and mute switch are located on the left earcup.
PS5, Xbox Series X compatible
The Audio-Technica ATH-GDL3 comes with a pair of detachable cables. A three-meter cable with separate 3.5mm jacks for a microphone and headphones is intended for connection to a computer. The 1.2m cable with 3.5mm TRRS connector allows you to connect to game consoles such as PS5, Xbox Series X and more.
Availability and price
The Audio-Technica ATH-GDL3 gaming headset is available in two colors – black and blue and white and black. In the US, it costs $138.
Audio-Technica ATH-GDL3 Specifications
- Type Open-back dynamic
- Driver Diameter 45 mm
- Frequency Response 10 to 35,000 Hz
- Sensitivity 98 dB/mW
- Impedance 45 ohms
- Microphone Sensitivity -43 dB (1 V/Pa, at 1 kHz)
- Microphone Frequency Response 30 to 20,000 Hz
- Microphone Polar Pattern Hypercardioid
- Cable – Detachable Detachable cable (1.2 m (3.9’)/3.5 mm (1/8”) gold-plated stereo mini-plug/4 pole); Detachable cable for PC (3.0 m (9.8’)/3.5 mm (1/8”) gold-plated stereo mini-plug/3 pole x2)
- Weight (without cable) Approx. 220 g (7.8 oz) / Approx. 227 g (8.0 oz) (including detachable microphone)