Audio-Technica introduced its almost classic M20x headphones in a Bluetooth version – the model was called M20xBT. About 3 years ago, the professional folding model M50x underwent a similar transformation, releasing the wireless M50xBT. The Audio-Technica M20xBT does not fold, but according to the manufacturer, their “professional-grade ear pads and headband” are built with “durability and comfort” in mind.
The Audio-Technica ATH-M20xBT is equipped with the same 40mm drivers and supports Bluetooth multipoint pairing (“multi” here means two devices at the same time). Fans of games and videos will love the low latency mode. There is no list of supported codecs.
The buttons on the left cup can control calls, music playback and volume. A built-in microphone is essential for phone calls, and what Audio-Technica says lacks active noise cancellation, it makes up for in “excellent sound isolation“.
When the built-in battery is fully charged via USB-C, the M20xBT headphones will last up to 60 hours. Just 10 minutes of charging will add another 3 hours. If this is not possible, the bundled audio cable will come in handy: in addition to wireless, the headphones also work with a wired connection.
In the US, the Audio-Technica ATH-M20xBT wireless headphones are available for $169.
Audio-Technica ATH-M20xBT Specifications
- Type Closed-back dynamic
- Driver Diameter 40 mm
- Frequency Response 5 to 32,000 Hz
- Sensitivity 100 dB/mW
- Impedance 36 ohms
- Weight Approx. 216 g (7.6 oz)
- Charging Time Approx. 4 hours The above figures depend on operating conditions.
- Microphone Sensitivity -42 dB (1 V/Pa, at 1 kHz)
- Microphone Frequency Response 50 to 20,000 Hz
- Power Supply DC 3.7 V lithium polymer battery
- Bluetooth® Version 5.0
- Maximum Bluetooth RF Output 10 mW EIRP
- Bluetooth Frequency Band 2.402 GHz to 2.480 GHz
- Compatible Bluetooth Profiles A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
- Support Codec AAC, SBC
- Bluetooth Transmission Band 20 to 20,000 Hz