“Marantz was present at the dawn of CD technology with the CD 63. Now the CD 60 is a reminder of why we fell in love with the format 40 years ago” – said Joel Sietsema, Marantz Brand President. The new Marantz CD 60 player is made in the design of the Marantz Model 30 or Model 40n amplifiers. With any of them, the Marantz CD 60 will work and look especially harmonious.
According to the Marantz, the CD 60 is equipped with a reference-class DAC capable of resolutions up to 192kHz/24bit and DSD 5.6MHz. There are two options for filtering – with a smooth and sharp decline. The dynamic range claimed for the Marantz CD 60 reaches 110 dB.
Two features can be found right on the front panel. The first is a USB-A port that allows you to play MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC HD, ALAC, AIFF and DSD files from a connected storage device. The second is a headphone jack. On board the Marantz CD 60 is a proprietary headphone amplifier based on HDAM-SA2 elements (HDAM – Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules). Exact matching with the impedance of the headphones will achieve three levels of gain – low/medium/high. For complete purity of the audio path, the headphone amplifier can be completely turned off.
In the US, the price of the Marantz CD 60 – $999. In Europe, the player costs 800 euros.
Marantz CD 60 Specifications
- Frequency response: USB DSD: 2Hz – 50kHz (-3dB) USB PCM: 2Hz – 50kHz (-1.5dB) CD: 2Hz – 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: USB DSD: 0.0006% USB PCM 24bit: 0.0005% CD: 0.0015%
- Signal to Noise Ratio: USB DSD: 110dB USB PCM 24bit: 118dB CD: 118dB
- Dynamic Range: USB DSD: 110dB USB PCM 24bit: 118dB CD: 101dB
- Line Output Level 2.2Vrms
- Headphone Output Level 28mW / 32 ohms
- Power Consumption 38W, at Standby 0.3W
- CD Compatibility CD / CD-R/RW / SA-CD / WMA / MP3 / AAC
- Data Disc Compatibility DSD / WAV / ALAC
- Fixed Analog Output (RCA) 1 (Gold Plated)
- Dimension: (W x H x D mm) 442 x 129 x 396
- Net weight 7.5kg