KEF LSX II Wireless Speakers: 11th Gen Uni-Q Driver and HDMI ARC
KEF’s updated “Wireless HiFi System“, the LSX II, retains Michael Young’s 2018 design – but with enhanced functionality. This little brother of the LS50 systems is controlled via the KEF Connect mobile app and supports Airplay 2, Chromecast and Roon using Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
KEF LSX II, unlike the previous generation model, work perfectly with most modern TVs thanks to HDMI ARC. In addition, there is a USB-C port, analog input and subwoofer output.
11th Gen Uni-Q Driver
The sound in the LSX II is handled by the proprietary 11th generation Uni-Q coaxial driver, capable of delivering a total of 100 watts from separate class D amplifiers: 70 watts for low frequencies, 30 for high frequencies. In total, up to 102 dB SPL is obtained. Music Integrity Engine technology is designed to create a rich sound. The KEF LSX II decrypts DSD, MQA and PCM audio data up to 24 bit/384 kHz.
KEF LSX II speakers received 5 finishes: matte Mineral White, Lava Red gloss, fabric (by Kvadrat) Carbon Black, Cobalt Blue and Soundwave by Terence Conran Edition. The latter combines the sound wave pattern with Conran blue. The design is also functional: it can be used with a P1 table stand, S1 floor stand, or B1 wall bracket.
In the UK, KEF LSX II active wireless speakers cost £1,200. (Regular price €1,499 per pair)
KEF LSX II Specifications
- Drive units (per speaker) Uni-Q driver array: HF: 19mm (0.75in.) aluminium dome LF/MF: 115mm (4.5in.) magnesium/aluminium alloy coneDSD, MQA and PCM up to 24bit/384kHz
- Frequency range (-6dB) measured at 85dB/1m 49Hz – 47kHz *Depends on EQ settings
- Frequency response (±3dB) measured at 85dB/1m 54Hz – 28kHz *Depends on EQ settings
- Amplifier output power (per speaker) LF: 70W HF: 30W
- Amplifier class (per speaker) LF: Class D HF: Class D
- Max SPL measured at 1m 102 dB
- Wireless streaming features AirPlay 2 Google Chromecast Roon Ready* UPnP Compatible Bluetooth 4.2
- Source resolution Network up to 384kHz/24bit Optical up to 96kHz/24bit USB Type C up to 192kHz/24bit HDMI up to 1.411Mbps PCM *Depends on source resolution
- Interspeaker connection Wireless: all sources resampled to 48kHz/24bit PCM Wired: all sources resampled to 96kHz/24bit PCM
- Dimensions (HWD per speaker) 240 × 155 × 180 mm (9.5 × 6.1 × 7.1 in.)
- Output RCA Subwoofer output
- Wi-Fi network standard IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac IPv4, IPv6
- Wi-Fi network frequency band Dual-band 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz
- Power input 100 – 240VAC 50/60Hz