Rega Elicit MK5 – new amplifier with phono stage and DAC
The British company Rega has officially introduced a new model of integrated stereo amplifier Elicit MK5.
Made in a classic design, the Rega Elicit MK5 develops a power of 105 watts into an 8 ohm load. Functional equipment includes a built-in moving magnet phono stage, a digital-to-analog converter on a Wolfson chip, and a headphone output.
The preamplifier section uses FET circuitry from a top Rega Aethos amplifier, and Sanken transistors are used in the output stage. Alps high-quality potentiometer is responsible for volume control. To connect signal sources, there are 4 line inputs on RCA, optical and coaxial digital inputs. The amplifier weighs 12.5 kilograms.
The Rega Elicit MK5 integrated amplifier costs in the UK for £2,000.
Rega Elicit MK5 Specifications
- Power Outputs at rated 230/115 V Supply voltage
105 W per channel into 8 Ω
127 W per channel into 6 Ω
162 w per channel into 4 Ω
- Dimensions (W × H × D) 432 x 82 x 340 (D includes loudspeaker terminals)
- Supported Sampling Rates kHz 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz
- Supported Bit Depths 16 to 24 bit
- THD+Noise (at 1dB below clip into 8Ω measurement bandwidth 22Hz to 22kHz)
- Direct Input (Power Amplifier) Typically 0.005% at 1kHz
- Line Inputs Typically 0.007% at 1kHz
- Preamplifier Output Typically 0.004% at 1kHz