Argon Solo Streamer: AirPlay2, Bluetooth and Roon Ready with Saber ES9018 in a Compact Body
Danish company Argon Audio has released a completely audiophile network streamer Solo. The new product supports AirPlay2, Chromecast, Spotify Connect, Bluetooth and Roon Ready, is equipped with a 64-bit volume control and provides, according to the manufacturer, a signal-to-noise ratio of more than 120dBA. At the same time, the model is enclosed in a compact and quite designer case in black or white.
Argon Solo can be used as a 24-bit/192 kHz audio transmitter to wireless speakers via Wi-Fi. Alternative – analog outputs RCA or digital TOSLINK.
Inside – DAC ESS Saber ES9018 and operational amplifiers Burr Brown, whose full name Argon did not disclose. According to the developers, all this is provided by separate power supplies with low noise level and two-stage, active and passive filtering.
The European price for Argon Solo was 250 euros.
Argon Solo Specifications
- Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) with Antenna diversity (2 pcs)
- AirPlay 2, Chromecast built-in, Spotify Connect and Bluetooth 5.0 incl. AAC
- Multi-room functionality via AirPlay 2 and Chromecast
- Automatic power on/off and automatic switching between audio sources
- Maximum resolution: 24-bit / 192kHz via Roon. 24-bit / 96kHz via Chromecast. 16-bit / 44.1 kHz via AirPlay 2
- Streaming processor: Dual Core ARM Cortex A7 CPU
- Audio processor: ARM Cortex M33
- Connections: Digital audio-out (optical / coaxial), analog audio-out (L / R RCA)
- Dimensions: 14.7 x 3.6 x 15.0 cm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 0.6 kg