EPOS, known until 2020 as Sennheiser Communications, has unveiled the Adapt 660 AMC full-size wireless headphones aimed at corporate use. As the global audio partner of the Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One team, EPOS has applied Aston Martin Racing Green to the Adapt 660 AMC.
EPOS AI technology
In addition, the manufacturer promised increased call clarity thanks to EPOS AI technology, a system of voice optimization algorithms obtained using machine learning. The headset is equipped with four active noise canceling microphones. ANC compensates for annoying office noise, while outdoors it cancels out wind noise. On the other hand, Talk Through technology will allow you to chat with colleagues without removing the headset.
Microsoft Teams certificate
The EPOS Adapt 660 AMC supports Bluetooth connectivity to two AptX codec sources simultaneously. The headset is optimized for UC (Unified Communications) and certified by Microsoft Teams. Moreover, a special Microsoft Teams button launches the system when working with a PC via a BTD 800 USB dongle (with USB-C connection).
30 hours of battery life
The built-in battery is enough for the Adapt 660 AMC for more than one working day – 30 hours of battery life is promised. The novelty is controlled from the touch panel, and settings – such as choosing a voice assistant or audio profile, as well as updates – are available through the application.
The design of the EPOS Adapt 660 AMC is in many ways similar to the Sennheiser PXC 550 – it is foldable, with elongated drop cups on swivel hinges, and the headphones themselves turn off just by turning the cups. When folded, the headset with all accessories for charging and wired connection fits into a neat case.
Availability and price
Release for sale 31 March, 2022. EPOS Adapt 660 AMC available for pre-order now on the AMF1 online shop. In Europe, the suggested retail price of the Adapt 660 AMC headset is 499 euros.
EPOS Adapt 660 AMC Specifications
- Transducer principle: Dynamic, closed
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® 5.0, audio cable (2.5 mm and 3.5 mm jack plugs), USB-A/USB-C cable with micro-USB connector
- Supported codecs: AptXTM, AptXTM low latency, AAC, SBC
- Speaker frequency response: 17 – 23,000 Hz
- Microphone type: Digital MEMs beamforming microphone (3 microphones)
- Microphone frequency response: 150 – 6,800Hz
- Impedance: active 490 ohms / Passive 46 ohms
- Sound pressure level (SPL) Max. 118 dB limited by EPOS ActiveGard®
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <0.5% (1kHz, 100dB)
- Contact pressure: 3 N
- Noise cancellation: Hybrid adaptive ANC technology with 4 microphones
- Total noise attenuation: Up to 30 dB
- Charging time: 3 hours
- Standby time: Up to 15 days
- Battery time: Up to 30 hours*
- Range: Up to 25m/82ft (device dependent)
- Touch control: Yes
- Voice prompts: Yes (EN, DE, FR, ES, ZH, JA, KO)
- Sound effect modes: Yes (club, movie, speech, director-user defined)
- Headset weight: 227g/8oz.