Lumin U2 Mini – new digital transport and streamer
Lumin has announced the release of a new U2 Mini digital streamer designed to work with an external digital-to-analog converter.
The updated LUMIN U2 Mini processor can process upsampling and downsampling PCM digital streams between 44.1kHz and 384kHz and converts them to DSD256 format. DSD512 stream playback and transmission is also supported, as is decoding of MQA files.
The signal level control is implemented on the solution from Leedh, the quad clock frequency generator is responsible for the temporal accuracy. The body surface finish is borrowed from the top model LUMIN P1, for digital signal output there is an optical output, coaxial RCA and BNC, balanced AES/EBU, two USB ports and an Ethernet network port.
Lumin U2 Mini was priced at £1,895.00 in England.
Lumin U2 Mini Specifications
- NETWORK PLAYBACK: Up to DSD512 Up to 768kHz, 16–32-bit, Stereo MQA Decoding
- UPSAMPLING RATES & BIT DEPTHS: DSD256 upsampling option for all files PCM 384kHz upsampling option for all files
- DIGITAL OUTPUT STAGE:
USB: Native DSD512 support PCM 44.1–768kHz, 16–32-bit, Stereo
OPTICAL, COAXIAL RCA, COAXIAL BNC & AES/EBU: DSD64 (DoP64, DSD over PCM) PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24-bit
- POWER SUPPLY: Internal shielded 100–240V AC auto-ranging
- FINISH: Raw aluminium or black anodised aluminium
- SIZE AND WEIGHT: 300mm (W), 244mm (D), 60mm (H), 2.5kg
- PACKAGING: 470mm (W), 340mm (D), 170mm (H), 4.5kg