Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3 B – new Fully Discrete Audiophile Phono Stage
Pro-Ject’s line of phono stages is replenished with the Phono Box DS3 B model with a fully symmetrical circuit made on discrete elements.
An interesting feature is the ability to smoothly adjust the input impedance level in the range from 10 to 1000 ohms when connecting MS heads. Moving magnet cartridges (MM) have a fixed resistance level of 47 kOhm, but you can choose from four capacitance options – 50, 150, 300 or 400 picofarads.
The Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3 B allows the connection of two tonearms at the same time, while the resistance, capacitance and gain values set are stored in memory for each input. The device has three inputs – one unbalanced on RCA and two balanced on a regular XLR and a five-pin mini XLR. The model is available in black and silver colors and can be additionally decorated with wooden side panels, available for a fee. The weight of the component is 1.48 kg.
The Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3 B is on sale in Europe for 600 euros.
Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3 B Specifications
- Input impedance: Stepless 10 – 1000 ohms or fix 47kOhms
- Input capacitance: 50, 150, 300, 400 pF
- Gain (+ 6dB using XLR Out sockets): 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65 dB
- Signal / Noise ratio MM (40dB): 104dBV, 111dBV – ‚A‘ weighted
- Signal / Noise ratio MC (60dB): 85dBV, 91dBV – ‚A‘ weighted
- THD at 1 kHz: <0,001% MM, < 0,004% MC
- THD (20Hz-20kHz): <0,005% MM, < 0,01% MC
- RIAA-equalization curve accuracy: < 0,25dB / 20Hz – 20kHz
- Subsonic filter: at 20Hz with 18dB/octave
- Input: 1x 5-pin mini XLR / 1x pair XLR / 1x pair RCA phono
- Line-level output: 1x pair RCA, 1x pair XLR
- Wiring XLR sockets: 1 ground, 2 “hot” and 3 “cold”
- Trigger In/Out: 12V on/off detector
- Power supply DC: 18V/500mA
- Power consumption: 18V/max.290mA DC, <0.5 W standby
- Dimensions: 206 x 72 x 194 (205 with sockets) mm
- Weight: 1480g without power supply