The Swiss company Stenheim has released the Reference Ultime Two floorstands, which are quite worthy of the fame of local watchmakers. The Reference Ultime Two is at least related to its all-metal construction and precision manufacturing.
The completely rectangular Reference Ultime Two cabinets are made from solid aluminum and are divided into six independent internal chambers. These are sealed compartments for each of the two 6.5-inch midrange and 1-inch dome tweeters, as well as separate boxes for the two 12-inch woofers.
The bass sections are supplemented with bass-reflex ports that do not allow turbulence (in Stenheim products this is an unconventional solution – passive radiators are more often used).
All speakers are combined in a symmetrical d’Appolito architecture. With an acceptable amplifier power from 30 to 400 watts, Reference Ultime Two showed a sensitivity of 95 dB. The crossover took the sixth independent camera in an aluminum casing – this eliminated the influence of vibrations. With a height of just over one and a half meters, each such column weighs about 230 kg.
The Stenheim Reference Ultime Two loudspeakers are entirely manufactured in Switzerland and are backed by a five-year warranty.
The cost of a pair of Stenheim Reference Ultime Two in the US is $150,000.
- High-sensitivity Reference Ultime loudspeaker system
- Full d’Appolito array with 2×12” woofers, 2×6 1⁄2” midrange and 1x 25mm tweeter
- Massive aluminium cabinet with six independent, internal chambers.
- Sealed chambers for each midrange, the tweeter and crossover
- Separate bass chambers loaded with rear-facing laminar flow ports
- Passive three-way crossover, using audiophile grade components, sealed in an airtight chamber
- Frequency response: 25Hz to 35kHz
- Sensitivity: 95dB, half space
- Power handling: 400 WRMS, 800 W peak
- Minimum recommended amplifier power: 30 W
- Nominal impedance: 4Ω
- Dimensions: H1535mmxW368mmxD505mm
- Weight: 231 Kg each
- Warranty: 5 years