Synthesis Art in Music – an Italian manufacturer of valve and semiconductor components, has expanded its Roma series with the 117DC preamplifier. There are already a dozen and a half components in the series: from DACs and CD players to tube terminals.
As stated, Synthesis Roma 117DC will allow you to combine selected models (in particular, Roma 98DC monoblocks) into a great setup. However, this applies not only to Synthesis products.
The Synthesis Roma 117DC preamp was released in the year of the company’s 30th anniversary. Its permanent leader, Luigi Lorenzo, founded Synthesis in 1992 and promised to release a number of new products in the year of the 30th anniversary.
As for the 117DC, this is a tube preamplifier with remote control (the remote control is common to all models in the series). Judging by the set of tubes – two miniature double triodes 6922 and 6DJ8 plus a pair of double ECC88 triodes at the output in each channel – this is a balanced circuit.
Switching in the balanced XLR version is duplicated by unbalanced RCA. In addition to transmitting linear signals, the device is ready to connect headphones, delivering 300mW into a 32ohm impedance. The THD+ noise parameter is promised at a level no worse than 0.1% in the range of 20Hz – 20kHz. Full frequency range: 5-40kHz with -3dB flatness.
It is important that the Synthesis Roma 117DC tube is made in standard “rack” sizes. A truly Italian approach to design is evident in the choice of cabinet finishes: wood in red, black piano lacquer, dark brown wood, black or silver aluminum – other finishes will be available on request.
In Europe Synthesis Roma 117DC will cost 4,700€.
Synthesis Roma 117DC Specifications
- Tubes complement: 4 x 6922/6DJ8/ECC88
- Inputs: 1 × unbalanced (XLR) 4 × balanced (RCA)
- Input Impedance: 100 kΩ balanced (XLR) 47 kΩ unbalanced (RCA)
- Output (Transformer): 1 × balanced (XLR) 2 × unbalanced (RCA) 1 × unbalanced REC OUT (RCA)
- Frequency Response: 5 – 40 KHz (– 3 dB)
- THD + N: < 0,1% (20 Hz – 20 kHz) 1VRMS
- Signal/Noise Ratio: > 90 dB (Weighted A)
- Crosstalk: > 80dB
- Gain: + 22,5 dB balanced (XLR) + 16,5 dB unbalanced (RCA)
- Output Polarity: Non-inverting
- Output Impedance: 1KΩ balanced (XLR) 500Ω unbalanced (RCA)
- Output Voltage: 36 V RMS V (XLR) 18 V RMS unbalanced (RCA)
- Power Output: 300mW (32 Ohm)