McIntosh MI1250 Multi-Zone 12-Channel Amplifier
The McIntosh installation lineup now includes the MI1250 12-channel amplifier, designed to distribute music signals to different zones/rooms. McIntosh MI1250 is capable of delivering 50 watts per channel at an speaker impedance of 8 ohms or 90 watts at 4 ohms. According to the company, the amplifier will provide a level of quality that is not typical of installation hardware. The McIntosh MI1250 circuitry is based on Class D amplification and does not require cooling fans. The model is suitable for installation in a 2U rack.
On the front panel of the MI1250 there are colored LED indicators of the channels. At the back are standard RCA inputs and Phoenix speaker terminals (per channel). Also on the patch panel there are volume controls, mono/stereo switches, two digital inputs with the possibility of using the BUS-mode.
Among other features of the new McIntosh MI1250 highlighted the Power Guard and Sentry Monitor technologies, which protect the speaker and the amplifier itself from overloads and failures. The McIntosh also drew attention to the ability to automatically turn on other connected McIntosh components and a power saving system that turns off the amplifier when not in use.
In the US and Canada, McIntosh MI1250 will arrive this month (October 2021) priced at $4,000.
- Ideal for multi-zone distributed audio
- 50 Watts into 8 Ohms
- 90 Watts into 4 Ohms
- 2U rack mountable
- Channel summing circuits for mono signal distribution
- Volume controls for each channel
- Bussable inputs
- Signal sensing
- Power Guard® and Sentry Monitor™
Weights & Dimensions
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D) 17-1/2″ (44.45cm) (19″ (48.3cm with mounting ears)) x 4-5/16″ (11cm) (including feet) x 21″ (53.3cm) (including front panel and cables)
- Unit Weight – 22 lbs (10 kg)
- Shipping Weight – 38.4 lbs (17.4 kg)